- On this web site
- In the On-Campus Housing Terms and Conditions
- As part of the AccessPlus Contracting process – you can’t submit a contract until you have acknowledged the Cancellation Policy
This information is also included in the Contract Confirmation email you receive once you submit a contract as well as in a variety of letters, postcards, emails, posters, bulletin boards, newsletters, table tents etc. published and distributed by the DOR throughout the course of the year.
How Do I Cancel My Contract? - First, please read the On-Campus Housing Terms and Conditions. If you still wish to cancel your contract, you can do so in AccessPlus. For detailed instructions visit http://housing.iastate.edu/contracts/cancellations/cancel.
- Residents with contracts that include both fall and spring:
- March 1 for Continuing ISU Students
- May 1 for New Students
- Residents with spring only contracts:
- November 1 for all students
- Residents who contract after the cancellation deadline has passed:
- Two weeks (fourteen days) from the receipt date of their contract
CANCELLATION AFTER THESE DATES WILL RESULT IN CANCELLATION PENALTIES.
- 50% Housing –You will be charged 50% of the remaining value of your housing contract for both fall and spring. If you are unassigned, you will be charged 50% of the value of a Wilson double room.
- 80% Dining - You will be charged 80% of the remaining value of your dining contract for both fall and spring. There is no refund for unused Dining Dollar$ and un-issued Dining Dollar$ will be issued and billed at face value. If you are in a meal plan required area and have not yet selected a plan, you will be charged 80% of the value of the Gold Plan.
- Forfeiture of Prepayment - If you paid the $125 prepayment it will be forfeited.
If you have already moved in, in addition to the housing and dining penalties and forfeiture of the prepayment, you will also be charged room and board until you have officially moved-out.
- Residents leaving ISU for any reason, including Fall Graduation, Academic Dismissal, Transfer or Withdrawal
- Residents going on a for-credit co-op, internship, student teaching, or study abroad experience. These individuals must also submit a Waiver form.
Students cancelling for reasons other than those listed above should visit http://housing.iastate.edu/contracts/cancellations/appeals.
Apartment Contract Assumptions - Apartment residents who wish to cancel their contract and remain enrolled may avoid the penalty by finding an eligible, non-contracted student to assume their contracts. For details, visit http://housing.iastate.edu/contracts/assumptions.