Summer 2020 Contracts and Assignments
Why go through the hassle of subleasing off-campus? Spending summer on-campus is more convenient and less-expensive once you factor in travel time, safety, cable, internet, and utilities, etc.
Summer 2020 housing will be available all summer in Schilletter Village and University Village, Frederiksen Court, and Eaton Hall.
- Students of any age may live in Eaton Hall or Frederiksen Court.
- Students must be at least 19 or a sophomore as of June 1, 2020 to live in University Village.
- Only families may live in Schilletter Village.
- Schilletter Village and University Village ARE NOT AVAILABLE as summer only assignments. To be eligible for these locations, you must be assigned there spring 2020 or fall 2020.
Rates & Enrollment
Rates will be posted on the DOR rates page once they are available. A minimum two-week stay is required for summer. If you stay less than two weeks you will still be charged for two full weeks.
Summer enrollment is not required if you lived on-campus or were on ISU-approved waiver spring 2020.
Summer enrollment IS REQUIRED if you are a new student or lived off-campus spring 2020.
Assignments & Meal Plans
If you qualify for an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and wish for that to be considered when your assignment is made, please submit a Housing Accommodation Request Form and documentation to Student Accessibility Services.
To lessen the number of times you will be required to move, and to eliminate unnecessary work for DOR staff, summer assignments are made as follows:
- If your fall 2020 assignment is available, you will move there for summer.
- If your fall 2020 assignment is unavailable, you will stay in your spring 2020 assignment.
- If neither your fall nor spring 2020 assignments are available you will be assigned to Eaton Hall.
- This includes spring 2020 apartment residents who contract late and their apartments has been assigned to the fall 2020 resident.
- The Private or Shared designation of your UV apartment will be the same as the designation of your spring 2020 UV apartment. If you do not have a spring 2020 assignment in UV, then the designation will be the same as your fall 2020 UV apartment.
- Your assignment isn't final until you check-in. The condition of spaces can't be known until the current residents leave. If the space is not ready, we may have to reassign you.
Summer Conference Housing - The above information is specifically for students, but Iowa State University is the perfect location for your next meeting or event! Please visit Conference Services for more information.
Summer 2020 Dates
March 2, 2020 = Contracts open in A+
April 21 = Assignments available in A+
- Due to COVID-19 the transition dates have changed. We will email you to let you know when you will move.
May 16 = Move-in for Session 1 and Full Summer new residents
May 18 = Session 1 classes begin
June 6 = Move-In for APEX program
June 13 = Move-In for Session 2 residents
June 15 = Session 2 classes begin
July 11 = Session 1 move-out
August 8 = Summer residents without fall 2020 contracts move-out
August 9 - 10 = Summer residents with fall 2020 contracts transition to their fall assignments
Terms & Conditions
The 2019-20 On-Campus Housing Terms and Conditions include summer 2020. Cancel deadlines are:
- May 1 = Full Summer and Session 1 Only
- June 1= Session 2 Only
Cancellations for summer must be submitted in AccessPlus.
While there is no cancellation penalty for summer, charges begin to accrue as of the scheduled move-in date, even if you have not yet moved in.
These charges are non-refundable and continue to accrue until you have cancelled your contract and completed a proper move-out (if moved-in)