Iowa State will be open for in-person classes this fall and we’re excited to welcome you to your Cyclone Home! The health of our community is a shared responsibility.
Our halls and apartments will have the following mitigating strategies in place:
- Students moving into on-campus housing will be required to be tested for COVID-19.
- Bedroom occupancy in halls and apartments will be one or two people. Triple and quad residence-hall rooms will be used to house two people.
- Community bathrooms will be deep cleaned daily with a secondary sanitization.
- Common areas will be cleaned and sanitized daily, focusing on high-touch surfaces.
- Cleaning and sanitizing supplies will be available for student use in all community bathrooms, suites, apartments and available at hall/apartment desks.
- Staff will be required to perform a daily symptom check before working.
- Staff will be expected to wear cloth face coverings in common areas.
- Students will be expected to wear cloth face coverings in common spaces.
- All staff and students will maintain recommended physical distance as much as possible in common areas.
- Plexi shields will be used at public service desks where virtual service is not possible.
- House/floor/community meetings and events will be held virtually or in spaces where physical distancing is possible.
- Quarantine housing spaces will be available for students who are symptomatic or have had a known exposure to COVID-19.
- Isolation housing spaces will be available for students who test positive for COVID-19.
Face Covering Use
You are REQUIRED to wear a face covering:
- In all common areas (hallways, entryways, dens, kitchenettes, laundry rooms, etc), even if no one else is present.
- In bathrooms - when you're not in the shower or brushing your teeth - even if no one is present.
- Outside if you aren’t maintaining a six-foot distance from your friends
You ARE NOT required to wear a face covering:
- Inside of your room
- When you are in the shower or brushing your teeth
Residents are permitted to host one guest per resident at any one time in their room/apartment. Guests are only allowed with the permission of other roommates. See full policy here.
Overnight guests are not permitted unless the another roommate is not spending the night. All overnight guests must be given permission by the other roommates in advance. See full policy here.
- Move in dates can be found here.
- The move-in process can be found here.
- The contract addendum can be found here.
We're here for you over winter break! Find out all of the details here.
Please use this form and we'll get back to you!